Saturday 1 June 2013

Social Media Report - IFTTT

In my latest attempt to stay up to speed with the rapidly evolving landscape of Social Media, apps, and extensions, I've been trying to get my head around IFTTT - it stands for "If This Then That", a way of creating rules to automat a lot of your online activity.

I think it's worth persevering with.

There's a fair bit of set up involved - it's all straightforward, just a bit time consuming, and you have to have a relatively clear sense of how you manage and control the information you are sharing or pushing to the world.

An example of the types of rules or recipes that you can create is:
If I create a post on Blogger Then replicate that post on my Wordpress site; or
If I check in on Foursquare Then publish that on LinkedIn.

It should save time and it should help to ensure that you don't forget to fully leverage your content or activity across all of the available channels or platforms.

I think it's worth persevering with...




Brought to you by Active in Time


Download our Splashpath app

Download our GymJam app

No comments:

Post a Comment